Teacher Fellow Program
The Teacher Fellow program provides exceptional Tennessee educators who have demonstrated both interest and proficiency in teaching the Holocaust with the training, resources, and professional development necessary to further their practice and abilities. These opportunities may include travel to historical sites, ready-made curriculum, exclusive speaking events with survivors and scholars, and support for local programming in their community. The program additionally values creating a supportive community of diverse, thoughtful educators who prioritize mutual support, respect, and dialogue.
As part of their participation in the program, Teacher Fellows are expected to advocate for Holocaust education in their local communities, support the Commission’s work or programming where appropriate, and participate in Teacher Fellows’ educational programming and trainings.
The program has been active since 2006 and the first class of twelve has been highly successful over the years, receiving prestigious awards and appointments to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Commission Fellows are competitively selected and undergo intense and comprehensive training to develop their skills and knowledge base, including firsthand experiences with survivors and visiting the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C.
Applications for Spring 2021 close on May 15st, 2021.
All Fellows are expected to attend a one-day virtual training on June 11th, 2021.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
- Who can apply to be a Fellow?
- Any teacher in the state of Tennessee with an interest in, and passion for, Holocaust education.
- Do I have to be a History teacher?
- No. Any teacher of any grade level or discipline can apply. The program currently includes music, language arts, social studies, and German teachers.
- What sort of time commitment does the program require?
- Whatever time commitment you are able to offer; the program is designed to support and uplift teachers, not be another task on their already-busy plates.
- Can college professors apply?
- Yes! We have professors currently enrolled in the program.